Auto adjust window size of guest fails after update to 6.0.14

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
bobw67
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

Auto adjust window size of guest fails after update to 6.0.14

Post by bobw67 »

upgraded VB from 6.0.4 to 6.0.14 yesterday. After changing to VMSVGA as requested because VBoxVGA deprecated, It fails to update to fill the window when you resize window with mouse. In fact the window has scroll bars on bottom and size and not all the guest window is visible without scrolling. The guest is Ubuntu 16.04LTS with all updates applied. Note: view->autoadjust is checked.

If you switch back to VBoxVGA the auto adjust works correctly.

I obtain fhe VBox.log according to the following procedure:
Re: Auto resize guest display no longer working

Postby socratis » 22. Jan 2019, 13:57 Pick one VM only. We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to). With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
I have attached the VBOX.log.

Do you have a fix for this problem?

Thanks.
regards,
Bob
Attachments
Ubuntu16.04LTSVBOX102419VMSVGAadjwindowsizeProblem.zip
VBOX.LOG
(33.11 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
bobw67
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

Re: Auto adjust window size of guest fails after update to 6.0.14

Post by bobw67 »

Does anybody have an idea about this problem? Or do I have to abandon virtual box and use VMware?

-Bob