Everytime i try to start Oracle it crashes when it tryies to start the ISO file.

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
MaxLos1

Everytime i try to start Oracle it crashes when it tryies to start the ISO file.

Post by MaxLos1 »

Everytime when i start my VM and when its about to start the ISO file its starts.
Its not that the ISO file is wrong because i tried it whit more then 1 iso file.

I already looked around in the internet to find the solution but i could not find it.
I removed HYPER V i turned on the VM thing in the BIOS.

I hope you can help me

Thanks in advance
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Everytime i try to start Oracle it crashes when it tryies to start the ISO file.

Post by socratis »

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe or recreate the problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
MaxLos1

Re: Everytime i try to start Oracle it crashes when it tryies to start the ISO file.

Post by MaxLos1 »

Hay thanks for the fast reply.

I always have to close it whit Task Manager becuase its wont close on a other way.

Here you have the Log
Attachments
windows10-2019-10-21-10-14-00.log
WMLog
(63.64 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I'd start with this.
00:00:07.169055 Host RAM: 7993MB (7.8GB) total, 2676MB (2.6GB) available
00:00:07.412474 RamSize <integer> = 0x0000000100000000 (4 294 967 296, 4 096 MB, 4.0 GB)
You can't just wish RAM out of thin air. 1.5GB max on this host, unless you free up some of that host RAM.

Also: running Windows 10-64bit on one core is never going to be a good experience.
MaxLos1

Post by MaxLos1 »

Ok

I put instead of 1 core 2 and i made the thing whit the RAM right.

Still doesn't work

Here's the log again

I am currently using 6.0.12 but i already tried it whit 6.0.14 and 6.0.10.
But with the 6.0.14 and 6.0.10 its still the same problem.
Attachments
windows10-2019-10-21-13-41-38.log
(64.12 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I need you to tell me the crash error message.

And are you grabbing the log while VirtualBox is still running - including when it is still displaying an error message? Don't do that, as the log will then be truncated.

Where did the Win10 ISO come from? Did you try verifying the MD5 checksum?

p.s. I commented that Windows 10 will not give good performance on one core, but I didn't actually say to switch to two cores. That's because 2 cores is everything your host has, and leaving the host with 0 cores of its own can also cause problems. Your host simply is not ideal for running two modern 64bit OS's at the same time. There's no good answer to the problem within the constraints of your hardware.
MaxLos1

Post by MaxLos1 »

There is no crash error message its just not loading its just a black screen.
When i try to close it whit the X at the top right corner then its not replying then i have to close it whit task manager.

No i am not grabbing the log while Virtual box are still running.
I am turning the VM off then i press on show log then i press save.

The Win10ISO is working.
I tried it alread on a other PC and it worked.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

MaxLos1,
I deleted your duplicate post. Keep in mind that according to the forum rules, duplicate posts are not allowed. Please don't do it again...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

00:00:07.413200 HM: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM: VT-x is not available
00:00:07.516159 NEM: WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is TRUE, so this might work...
It seems that you have a Hyper-V component enabled. You can tell if this is true from the status bar where the "slow" icon (Image) shows. Look at the topic "I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests" for some Hyper-V enablers that we're aware of so far.

If VirtualBox is running without Hyper-V enabled, where proper, hardware virtualization is actually available, then the standard virtualization icon (Image) would show.
MaxLos1

Post by MaxLos1 »

Is it possible that it has anything to do whit the UEFI thing in the bios?
Becuase i saw this forum link.
And this is also the error i got.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=91075
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I already replied with a very specific answer. Please focus on that, don't "run around like a chicken with no head"... ;)
MaxLos1

Post by MaxLos1 »

Yea i will disable Hyper-V again.
I dont see that status the only status i see is this one.
https://gyazo.com/f4e13f13ee139cba306681835aed7294

Thanks in advance
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Please attach the images locally in your responses (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form). Not a lot of people will go to 3rd party sites. Plus, it's more convenient if the image goes along with the message...

Once again, please focus...
MaxLos1

Re: My VM doesnt work im getting black screen and no error

Post by MaxLos1 »

Nothing helped jet i did everything they said.

I even updated my BIOS in mind it could help somehow but it doesn't help.

I have a laptop does that change anything because on all my other VM i used a Computer.
I even tried to put a Finished VM on my Laptop but that still doesn't work.

Thanks in advance

Focus on the facts!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

MaxLos1 wrote:Focus on the facts!
Oh, but I'm definitely focused on the facts, the VBox.log. And those facts tell me that some Hyper-V component is activated. And I told you exactly what to do.

Instead, you start talking about the BIOS, UEFI, laptops, and I honestly don't know what's next...

So, let me repeat it for the last time; look at the topic "I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests" carefully. The solution is in there, not in the random places you're looking for answers...