Everytime i try to start Oracle it crashes when it tryies to start the ISO file.

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Re: Everytime i try to start Oracle it crashes when it tryies to start the ISO file.

Post by fth0 »

MaxLos1 wrote:Question how can i get to this picture?
This is the Windows Boot Manager menu, displaying different Windows Boot Loaders. It is displayed if there is more than one (Windows) Boot Loader entry in the Windows Boot Manager menu and the Timeout value is greater than its default value 0.

You can find plenty of information about the Windows Boot Manager in the Internet. Note that it is easy to "shoot yourself in the foot" and make your system unbootable, if you don't understand what you are doing.
MaxLos1

Re: Everytime i try to start Oracle it crashes when it tryies to start the ISO file.

Post by MaxLos1 »

Its sounds like i should not do anything :/
I don't wanna shoot myself in the foot.

What am i supposed to do
fth0
Volunteer

Post by fth0 »

MaxLos1 wrote:What am i supposed to do
Although you have been given all necessary information already, I can understand that it's difficult for a non-expert to comprehend it all. So here are the steps you should IMHO try (again):

1. Open an administrator command console and type "bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off".
2. Open the Windows Start Menu, select Power, then press and hold the Shift key while selecting Shut down.
3. After the Laptop is completely powered off, wait for at least 15 seconds before turning it on again.

If you followed this procedure precisely, the Hyper-V functionality should really be deactivated now. If the VM is still not working, post a new VirtualBox log file (ZIPped of course ;)). Additionally, open an administrator command console, type "bcdedit /enum all" and post the result (also ZIPped). Note that the output of this command is much larger than the height of the command console window.
MaxLos1

Post by MaxLos1 »

Hay fth0

Great to hear someone that try's to help
It's still doesnt work soo i thought i might send you the Log File again in attachments.
I enabled VT-X and disabled Hyper-V.

I did what you told me but it still doesnt work.

Thanks for all the help i got.
Attachments
windows10-2019-11-06-11-34-16.log
(64.04 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

MaxLos1 wrote:Great to hear someone that try's to help
You're kidding me now, right? What were all the previous posts, random thoughts? :roll:
MaxLos1 wrote:i thought i might send you the Log File again in attachments
Please ZIP it next time, or it will get deleted, don't ask why... I'm starting to get irritated when the instructions are ignored!
00:00:07.314390 HM: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM: VT-x is not available
00:00:07.422818 NEM: WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is TRUE, so this might work...
It seems that you still have a Hyper-V component enabled. You can tell if this is true from the status bar where the "slow" icon (Image) shows. Look at the topic "I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests" for some Hyper-V enablers that we're aware of so far.

If VirtualBox is running without Hyper-V enabled, where proper, hardware virtualization is actually available, then the standard virtualization icon (Image) would show.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
MaxLos1

Post by MaxLos1 »

Socratis didnt mean it like that becuase he said:
"Although you have been given all necessary information already, I can understand that it's difficult for a non-expert to comprehend it all. So here are the steps you should IMHO try (again):"

I know that this is Enabled and disabled but i dont know what to do.

In the Bios the VT-X is enabled i just looked again at it!

I also did what Fth0 told me to disable Hyper-V but that also doesnt work!

I think that there are mabe some apps that are using VT-x or something
fth0
Volunteer

Post by fth0 »

Please reread the last two sentences of my previous post and provide the BCD-Store data requested.