VirtualBox says "stopped working" error after trying to pressing "new" button 2nd or more times.

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Ahmeto Fihhhters

VirtualBox says "stopped working" error after trying to pressing "new" button 2nd or more times.

Post by Ahmeto Fihhhters »

Hi!

I'm trying to using "new" button from VirtualBox, i get "stopped working error message" (as well as "not responding error" appears) after clicking "new" button for second time or more times, when trying to run FIFA 17 on Windows 7 64-bit into VirtualBox.
Ahmeto Fihhhters

Re: VirtualBox says "stopped working" error after trying to pressing "new" button 2nd or more times.

When re-installing VirtualBox, i'm clicking "New" button, but this program disappears and nothing happens :(
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VirtualBox says "stopped working" error after trying to pressing "new" button 2nd or more times.

Post by scottgus1 »

scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Ahmeto Fihhhters wrote:This link is spolier for me.
Not sure what "spolier" means?

If you don't speak English well, please feel free to use your native language, and we'll try a translation website.
Ahmeto Fihhhters

"Spolier" means "Hard to understand". Do you know Turkish langauge? :arrow:
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Unfortunately I only know English. I'll try Google Translate. We will see what can be done.

I re-read your first post. It sounds like Virtualbox is crashing completely when you press the New button to make a new guest.

I assume you have a Windows PC, from the "not responding" message, which I see sometimes on Windows programs. Try this:

Uninstall Virtualbox. If you had any guests already they will still be ready to use.

Shut down your host PC. Unplug it, and wait a few minutes. Restart your PC and sign in.

Right-click the Virtualbox installer and choose Run As Administrator. You will need to do this even if you are already Administrator.

Try making a new guest again.

By the way, running games in a guest often doesn't work, because the virtual video card is really old and simple. The guest OS cannot use the host PC's video card. To play games well, you may need to dual-boot your host PC.

I hope the Turkish translates good enough.
Ne yazık ki sadece İngilizce biliyorum. Google Çeviri’yi deneyeceğim. Ne yapılabileceğini göreceğiz.

İlk gönderinizi tekrar okudum. Yeni konuk yapmak için Yeni düğmesine bastığınızda, Virtualbox tamamen çöküyor gibi görünüyor.

Bazen Windows programlarında gördüğüm "yanıt vermiyor" mesajından bir Windows bilgisayarınız olduğunu varsayıyorum. Bunu dene:

Virtualbox'ı kaldırın. Zaten misafirleriniz varsa, kullanıma hazır olacaklardır.

Ana bilgisayarınızı kapatın. Fişi çıkarın ve birkaç dakika bekleyin. PC'nizi yeniden başlatın ve oturum açın.

Virtualbox yükleyicisini sağ tıklayın ve Yönetici Olarak Çalıştır'ı seçin. Zaten Yönetici olsanız bile bunu yapmanız gerekecektir.

Tekrar yeni bir misafir yapmayı dene.

Bu arada, konukları oyun çalıştırmak çoğu zaman işe yaramıyor, çünkü sanal ekran kartı gerçekten eski ve basit. Konuk işletim sistemi ana bilgisayarın ekran kartını kullanamaz. Oyunların iyi oynanması için ana PC'nizi yeniden başlatmanız gerekebilir.

İnşallah türkçe yeterince iyi çevirir.
Ahmeto Fihhhters

Thank You, you are translated to Turkish.

I am from Ankara, Turkey, scottgus1, which is your city and country while living in this time because you're translated a text in turkish?

I wanted VirtualBox Because FIFA 17 was 64-bit-only game on PC.
Last edited by socratis on 13. Aug 2019, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

My wife and family and I are in New Jersey, in the United States.

What is your PC's operating system? 10, 8, 7? Is it 32 or 64 bit?
Karım ve ailem ve ben New Jersey’de, ABD’de.

PC’nizin işletim sistemi nedir? 10, 8, 7? 32 bit mi, 64 bit mi?
Ahmeto Fihhhters

7. Ben FIFA 17'yi Süper Lig modunda Digiturk Bein Sports Göndermesi olup olmadığını test etmek için VirtualBox ile FIFA 17 oynamak zorunda kaldım. Zaten bugünün video oyunları 64-bit olarak tasarlanıyor.

7. I Want the run FIFA 17 into VirtualBox to Digiturk Bein Sports reference was inside in League Mode since FIFA 17 requires 64-bit Windows to run. I wish FIFA 17 was made 32-bit (as well as i wish making PC games in 64-bit windows were banned since 2012.). A lot of video games were designed 64-bit today.

If i spotted the Digiturk refence, i get the lmfao extension.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

If I understand correctly, you have a Windows 7 PC that cannot run the 64-bit game. So you have a Windows 7 32-bit operating system.

While it is possible to run a 64-bit VM in older versions of Virtuallbox on a 32-bit PC, the performance will be slower. Performance of a game in the VM will be really bad. Version 6 of Virtualbox no longer supports 32-bit PCs.

If your PC has a 64-bit CPU in it you should forget about Virtualbox and install Windows 7 64-bit directly on the PC. Then you will have a better chance to play FIFA well.

Most PCs will allow you to put more than one hard drive in the PC. You could then install Windows 7 64-bit on the other hard drive. You can keep you present operating system on the first drive. You can switch between drives when the PC is starting, and go to the normal operating system or the gaming system.
Doğru anlarsam, 64-bit oyunu çalıştıramayan bir Windows 7 bilgisayarınız var. Yani bir Windows 7 32 bit işletim sisteminiz var.

32-bit bir PC'de Virtuallbox'ın eski sürümlerinde 64-bit bir VM çalıştırmak mümkün olsa da, performans yavaşlar. Sanal Makinede bir oyunun performansı gerçekten kötü olacak. Virtualbox'ın 6. sürümü artık 32-bit PC'leri desteklemiyor.

PC'nizde bir 64 bit CPU varsa, Virtualbox'ı unutmalı ve Windows 7 64-bit'i doğrudan PC'ye yüklemelisiniz. O zaman FIFA'yı iyi oynamak için daha iyi bir şansın olacak.

Çoğu PC, PC'ye birden fazla sabit disk yerleştirmenize izin verir. Daha sonra Windows 7 64-bit'i diğer sabit sürücüye yükleyebilirsiniz. İşletim sisteminizi ilk sürücüde tutabilirsiniz. Bilgisayar başlatıldığında sürücüler arasında geçiş yapabilir ve normal işletim sistemine veya oyun sistemine geçebilirsiniz.
Ahmeto Fihhhters

Well, if run a game on VirtualBox, game goes SLOWED DOWN! Maybe how'd get upgrade windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit without data loss? If really works_ :idea:
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

A virtual machine runs on simulated hardware. I.e. slow hardware, not the best platform for gaming.