Discuss the 6.0.6 release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Discuss the 6.0.6 release

Post by socratis »

@vesa,
There were some issues similar to what you're describing, take a look at "Weird mouse behavior with VirtualBox 6.0.6 upgrade (#18567)" and see if Test build r130207 fixes the problems for you.

Note: there's no secure-boot with the test builds...

If it does fix your problem, please reply to the thread that I linked to...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
vesa

Post by vesa »

Thanks for help. There was some problem in version 130207 so I could not test it.

"Error In supR3HardenedWinReSpawn"
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

[color=#105289]vesa[/color] wrote:"Error In supR3HardenedWinReSpawn"
That's the result of what I mentioned:
[color=#00AA00]socratis[/color] wrote:Note: there's no secure-boot with the test builds...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Phil8659

6.06 Bug

Post by Phil8659 »

Anyone try opening an app like Adobe or Word 2003 on dual monitors with the new release. Try to move the open app between monitors. The app snaps back to the original monitor, had to revert to 6.04.

Run this test using Windows 10.

I have a lot of virtual boxes and do my project work on language using them.

Internet Archive, A Universal Language.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Phil8659 wrote:on dual monitors
Phil8659, take a look at "Weird mouse behavior with VirtualBox 6.0.6 upgrade (#18567)" and see if Test build r130207 fixes the problems for you.

Note: there's no secure-boot with the test builds...

If it does fix your problem, please reply to the thread that I linked to...
ParanoidAndroid

Post by ParanoidAndroid »

Still no audio on guests when running on a Linux host without Pulseaudio. Besides that 6.0.6 is stable for me.
mercury

Post by mercury »

Windows 10 host, Ubuntu 18.04.2 Desktop guest. Installed extensions. Numerous problems. Tried restarting Windows, installing new Ubuntu guest. After booting new machine, the desktop won't resize to fill a bigger window, mouse clicks don't seem to work, sometimes locks up, can't remove a guest.

Went back to 6.0.4.
rodolfodc

Post by rodolfodc »

VirtualBox version 6.0.6 failed to install.
Host OS: MacOS version 10.14.5.
Date: May 14, 2019

Today I tried to upgrade from VBOX v6.0.4, but at the end of the installation process it showed a short message about an extension that it was not able to install. Version 6.0.6 was not installed properly. I tried restarting my computer, uninstalling, and trying again to install version 6.0.6, but again I got the error message.

I got the installation package of version 6.0.4, downloaded it from VBOX Downloads and tried to re-install the old version. This time it was successful, no issue installing version 6.0.4 in MacOS 10.14.5. The old version is working fine in my computer.

I have included the MacOS crash report as attachment.
Attachments
CRASH.txt
(52.42 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

rodolfodc wrote:in MacOS 10.14.5
Apple has banned 6.0.6 and later on 10.14.5, for reasons that are only known to Apple.
(Hint: it hasn't been notarized, whatever that means).
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

It seems that 6.0.6 (and .8) broke the Guest Additions for OSX guests. Copy/Paste doesn't work. The FileManager seems to be OK.

Tested on a 10.11.6 OSX host with 10.13 and 10.9 guests. I'll open a ticket as well.
 Edit: Ticket: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/18658