Virtualbox <no devices available> usb 2.0 Kali Linux

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.

Virtualbox <no devices available> usb 2.0 Kali Linux

Postby Nicholas123132 » 24. Feb 2019, 23:14

Hello, please help with the problem. I installed the latest version of Virtualbox and downloaded the Extention Pack on Windows 10. I downloaded the latest version of Kali Linux. I connected a wi-fi adapter and the system recognizes it, but Virtualbox doesn’t want to see this adapter in the settings and doesn’t see any usb device I’ve connected.
Nicholas123132

Re: Virtualbox <no devices available> usb 2.0 Kali Linux

Postby socratis » 24. Feb 2019, 23:55

The VM will never see your host's WiFi adapter as a WiFi adapter, as there's no emulation of a WiFi adapter in the VM. The only way would be to grab a USB WiFi adapter. For this you'll need to read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts.

If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post, #8: Asking for help and post the information requested.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
socratis
Site Moderator

Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Postby Nicholas123132 » 25. Feb 2019, 00:03

The fact is that I use a USB Wi-Fi adapter whose chipset should determine Virtualbox but this does not happen.

I can not open VboxManage it closes itself after a second automatically.
Nicholas123132

Postby socratis » 25. Feb 2019, 01:58

Nicholas123132 wrote:The fact is that I use a USB Wi-Fi adapter whose chipset should determine Virtualbox but this does not happen.
I'm sorry, but that doesn't make too much sense. VirtualBox uses virtual hardware, not your real hardware. Your device's chipset has absolutely nothing with what's presented in the Virtual Machine...

Nicholas123132 wrote:I can not open VboxManage it closes itself after a second automatically.
You open a Command Prompt and then you run VBoxManage, you don't double click on in in the Explorer, it's a command-line tool, not a GUI one...
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
socratis
Site Moderator

Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Return to Using VirtualBox