A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
PuffinGamer

A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Post by PuffinGamer »

Trying to run a VM on Windows 10 64-bit through my Macbook Pro, my RAM and graphics requirements seem sufficient, however the virtual machine crashes on seeing the Windows logo every time I try to boot, giving the error message 'A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped.'
The crash log is attached here: pastebin,com/EBJ6C0j2 (Replace , with .) New account, can't directly link to log.
Hope somebody can help. Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Post by socratis »

PuffinGamer wrote:New account, can't directly link to log.
We prefer the logs here, locally. We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.