Virtualbox 6.x - Windows 10 Guest OS - Mouse cursor enlarged - Can it be disabled?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
RonaldMacDonald

Virtualbox 6.x - Windows 10 Guest OS - Mouse cursor enlarged - Can it be disabled?

Post by RonaldMacDonald »

Hello
I use Virtualbox for over 8 years and I love it. It has so far the best touchpad integration ever (VMware Workstation and VMware Player emulate only one PS / 2 mouse - Ex .: No gestures, no "two fingers" selection, from host (Windows 10 Professional) to Guest (Windows 10, Windows Server 2017, Linux (Suse, CentOS, etc.)). Virtualbox mastered it. :D
I still use 5.2.24, because I find Virtualbox 6.X the enlarged mouse representation in the guest operating system Windows 10 (Build 1809) terrible, inappropriate and unnecessary. The mouse is enlarged :shock: in proportion to the selected resolution within the guest operating system, which does not fit the proportions of the presentation. Apart from that, the hit of fields to click with the mouse will worsen, as the proportions are no longer correct. :cry:

Is it possible to turn off the enlarged view of the mouse in the guest operating system (Windows 10) somewhere and do it again like and Virtualbox 5.X?

The representation of the mouse in Virtualbox 5.X. in the gest operating system is not enlarged and perfect or normal. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help and support.

Many Greetings

Ronald
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Virtualbox 6.x - Windows 10 Guest OS - Mouse cursor enlarged - Can it be disabled?

Post by BillG »

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. I am running a Windows 10 guest on a Windows 10 host (both running version 1809) and the mouse pointer in the guest is exactly the same as the mouse pointer in the host. I can't imagine what is different on your system. Are you running on a hi-res monitor?
Bill
RonaldMacDonald

Re: Virtualbox 6.x - Windows 10 Guest OS - Mouse cursor enlarged - Can it be disabled?

Hi Bill,

I have just installed 6.0.4 and wanted to document the effect, but now it works as it should (on all my 3 Windows VMs with Windows 10, the effect was identical). Strange, but the main thing is it works now.
Thanks for the answer.

Many Greetings
Ronald
RonaldMacDonald

Hi Bill, hi all,

Unfortunately, I was wrong. The effect or problem is still there. Here's the snapshot (see attachment).

With these settings you can see under 6.X a greatly enlarged mouse pointer (!!). The settings in Windows 10 internal are unchanged.

If you take the same VM under 5.2.X you have a normal mouse pointer that fits the resolution.

It does not matter which graphics card I select in Virtualbox "VboxVGA" or "VboxSVGA".

I've never seen this "effect" before with Virtualbox 4.X, 5.X, etc.

Is it possible to turn off this automatic zooming of the mouse pointer or make it turn off?

Thank you very much.

many Greetings

Ronald
Attachments
s.JPG
s.JPG (126.94 KiB) Viewed 1614 times