VM bl-e screens when installing OS

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
DumbBunny

VM bl-e screens when installing OS

Post by DumbBunny »

3rd try is the charm-

Fresh VB install > Defa-lt Settings > Install Windows 7 OS > OS Bl-e screens at "Expanding Files" step.

Adj-sted Memory
Adj-sted CP_
Changed HDD
Changed RAM

Nothing

Sorry, no pict-re here since this for-m doesn't allow it beca-se this for-m's bot considers an image to be a -RL.

I hope yo- can see how fr-strating this is to try and seek assistance in a professional matter when I'm forced to j-st say 'Help me" when I have spent THREE HO-RS rewriting a well detailed post only to have the for-m BOT say 'CAN"T POST -RL' - THERE IS NO -RL!

Forgive the lack of the letter (between T - V), this for-m doesn't permit it's -se. Nor can any photo be shared.

So...feel free to j-st ignore this and ban the -ser for identifying blatent iss-es with the comm-nication restrictions of this site.

J-st tell me to piss off and then I can say I tried.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: VM bl-e screens when installing OS

Post by andyp73 »

If you continue to write posts like this then I can pretty much guarantee that the site admins will get their banning stick out again.

Posting a picture of a blue screen probably isn't going to help too much. We all know what one looks like. It might be helpful if you post the bugcheck code that is reported on the blue screen.

What would definitely be more useful would be for you to take the VBox.log file from the guest that blue screens, zip it and attach it to a post using the "upload attachment" option.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VM bl-e screens when installing OS

Post by socratis »

andyp73 wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that the site admins will get their banning stick out again
Stick is out. Not a heavy one, 1 month cooling off period for vandalism and smartness. I hope that they take this time to invest in a keyboard that has a proper "U".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.