Is there a way to boot into a virtual machine with mouse integration disabled by default?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
SilvTech

Is there a way to boot into a virtual machine with mouse integration disabled by default?

Post by SilvTech »

Hello friends,

This may sound like a silly question but I have been looking around for how to do this for a good moment now, to no avail...

I am running mouse sensitive programs and would like to ensure that I can't accidentally hover the machines on my host and cause unintentional problems. Minimizing the clients is not a working solution as the machines still need a certain amount of active monitoring. Any advice/criticism is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Is there a way to boot into a virtual machine with mouse integration disabled by default?

Post by socratis »

SilvTech wrote:would like to ensure that I can't accidentally hover the machines on my host and cause unintentional problems
Can you explain that a little bit better? Just hovering over a VM will cause problems? On the host? The guest? What's the host and the guest? Have you tried using the PS/2 mouse emulation instead of the USB Tablet one?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.