Fresh Install > Windows 7 > Blue Screen while 'Expanding Windows Files'

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
DumbBunny

Post by DumbBunny »

delete post
Last edited by DumbBunny on 28. Dec 2018, 22:05, edited 4 times in total.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Fresh Install > Windows 7 > Blue Screen while 'Expanding Windows Files'

Post by andyp73 »

DumbBunny wrote:BLUE SCREEN
The blue screen probably shows some information on the reason for it being generated (bugcheck code and driver it was caused by). Even if you can't post the screen shot those details may help.

What would also help is the VBox.log file from the guest. Please zip it before posting.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
DumbBunny

Post by DumbBunny »

delete post
Last edited by DumbBunny on 28. Dec 2018, 22:05, edited 3 times in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I''m afraid we didn't start on the right foot here. Do you mind observing a couple of rules?
  1. Do NOT edit your messages by completely changing the content like you did with your first one. It makes no sense and the answers seem out of context (like Andy's). It is considered "post vandalism" and it is grounds for banning. You're new and you didn't know that. Until now...
  2. Do NOT post in all caps. It's considered as shouting and it's thought of as rude, not good etiquette...
  3. Do NOT post duplicates. According to the forum rules, duplicate posts are not allowed. I merged your two posts. They even had the exact same title...
  4. Do NOT try to obfuscate a message on purpose. Please edit your second message and include the letters that you omitted in an attempt to make a point. People will get really bored reading it and they'll move on without helping you. And that's why you're here in the first place, no?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
DumbBunny

Post by DumbBunny »

Thanks for the warnings I'm -able to se the letter between t-and-v - I kid yo- not, Anytime that letter is in the post - it will not post.

Can't -ndo the changes - this for-m will not allow any changes incl-ding the letter between t-v

Can't write on this for-m. Need a place that will allow English.

Side note - delete this post - it's pathetic a new -ser can't write in english here.

J-st pathetic. (If yo-'re -nable to see the fr-stration the pathetic anti-spam bot creates, I have no sympathy for yo-)
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

Nobody else has a this problem, even new users can post the letter u.
The problem is very likely local to your computer. Did you try another browser?
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

1 month cooling off period for vandalism and smartness. I hope that they take this time to invest in a keyboard that has a proper "U".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.