Update virtualbox.

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
SpartanPT

Update virtualbox.

Post by SpartanPT »

First of all hello to everyone, i am new in this question.

I have big problem and need some help.

Like the question says i need to upgrade my virtualbox. Make the upgrade it's very simple and my problem start.

I have one program in my pc based in virtualbox "iToolsAVM" is android emulator.

If i make the upgrade my itools dont work in the last version of virtualbox, if i dont upgrade the Genymotion dont work.

What i can make for the two programs works fine?

Thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Update virtualbox.

Post by socratis »

Genymotion is a program that relies on VirtualBox, but modifies its configuration files in unknown ways to us, and with unknown consequences. It is not supported on these VirtualBox user forums, they have their own Genymotion support channels. If you are having this problem with a standalone version of VirtualBox (after a complete uninstallation of Genymotion), then we can continue this discussion.

If you want to dig, and I'm NOT going to continue this discussion here, Genymotion uses VirtualBox. So, look around in your file structure for signs of a VM. The .vbox file (if they call it like that), the VDI file (they should call it .VDI) and see if you can somehow make this work with a current VirtualBox.

Other than that, you need to ask them.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.