Preview: VirtualBox CD icon doesn't work

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
OliveNet
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

Preview: VirtualBox CD icon doesn't work

Post by OliveNet »

CD icon in Setting->Storage panel doesn't work.
First of all, I'm not beginner about VirtualBox.
So I know how it works.
My host machine is Windows10/surfarce Pro 3.
Guest OS is usually Linux ubuntu.
After creating new machine, in order to attach ubuntu iso image on local disk as CD device, open Setting->Storage panel and select Empty CD drive and click CD icon at the very right of the Panel. But folder for selecting image doesn't come. Program seems to waiting for someting.
I quited VirtualBox by force, and try this again and again. But It doesn't work.
I'm using the latest version of VertualBox(5.2.20).
I reinstalled it and next version down(5.2.18). But both of them doesn't work.
I also remove Empty CD disk and create new Empty CD disk, it still doesn't work.
I moved Virtual Hard drive from SATA to IDE(I saw this solution in this forum). But this also doesn't work.

What should I do next?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Preview: VirtualBox CD icon doesn't work

Post by socratis »

Do you have any additional Explorer namespaces in your host? Typical examples include Dropbox, SkyDrive, Bluetooth folders, etc.

To understand better what I'm talking about, take a look at the 1st picture in the following StackExchange article: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/435 ... previously or search for "windows explorer namespace".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
OliveNet
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

Re: Preview: VirtualBox CD icon doesn't work

Post by OliveNet »

Thank you for your reply.
I'm not familiar with namespace, but I have unused Dropbox in my PC.
But I don't know that is the reason or not. Because it has been no problem until now with same environment.

Anyway, I have found a solution.
Click 'Controller IDE' , then click 'Adds optical drive[CD+icon]'. When a Question coming, answer 'Choose disk'. Then File Selection Panel comes. So I can select OS image.

Thank you for watching my problem.