SAS .OVA File import appliance problem. Help!

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
rach12

SAS .OVA File import appliance problem. Help!

Post by rach12 »

Hello

First off, I'm a complete rookie when it comes to anything tech.

I am trying to open the SAS university edition with virtual box Version 5.2.18 r124319 (Qt5.6.2);
when I try to import the sas.ova file, it tells me:
Error reading OVA 'C:\Users\Me\Downloads\SAS\sasuni.ova.ova' (VERR_TAR_UNEXPECTED_EOS).

Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005)
Component: ApplianceWrap
Interface: IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}
I do notice that within the import window, there is a message stating: "virtualbox currently supports importing appliances saved in the open virtualization format (OVF)" and mentions nothing about OVA files.

I don't know if this is a new problem because it doesn't seem like anyone else has had this exact problem from what I've been able to find.

But please! Can someone help! I'm using windows 10, so I don't think its my system version problem.
It seems to me it's a problem of the virtual box not allowing imports of .ova files, but I don't know how to resolve this and I really need to access the SAS software ASAP.

Thank you!
Last edited by socratis on 19. Sep 2018, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enclosed the information in [quote] tag for better readability
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: SAS .OVA File import appliance problem. Help!

Post by socratis »

rach12 wrote:VERR_TAR_UNEXPECTED_EOS
It seems to me that you might have a corrupted OVA file. Try re-downloading it.

VirtualBox definitely supports OVA files. They are simply TAR files, so you can verify yourself if the OVA is corrupt by simply trying to 'untar' that file. See what you get...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
rach12

Re: SAS .OVA File import appliance problem. Help!

Post by rach12 »

Yes you are right in that there is a problem with the ova file. I'm going to contact SAS support. Thank you so much for your reply!