Discuss the 5.2.18 release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
al609

Re: Discuss the 5.2.18 release

Post by al609 »

As suggested I tried the r19 test builds. This solved the issue with building the guest additions, and shared folders now works again. No other issues seen in this regard.

On the downside, the Virtualbox Manager (started from the desktop file installed in /usr/share/applications) still refuses to remember the settings I had, and always starts with the Toolbar and Status bar disabled. Also when I enable the Toolbar it always selects Snapshots rather than Details. This behaviour is new as of r18/r19.

Thanks for the help. Let me know if there is anything else I can test out. For now I will stick with r19.

Al
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

al609 wrote:still refuses to remember the settings I had, and always starts with the Toolbar and Status bar disabled.
Take a look at ticket #17855: [5.2.14][QT 5.11] VBoxManager doesn't store correctly values in ~/.config/VirtualBox/VirtualBox.xml, I think it describes your situation exactly.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
al609

Post by al609 »

I took a look at that, and it describes almost all the trouble I was having. I am now running the r19 test build, and it now has started to remember the toolbar setting, makes no difference if I close the app with File-Exit, or the upper right hand X in the window. One small bug still seems to remain however - it does not remember my setting for Snapshots or Details display. Always resets back to Snapshots. No big deal, but never did that before. Don't know where to report that issue for a test build.

Al
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

al609 wrote:Don't know where to report that issue for a test build.
Test builds are like normal builds, as in you can post info about it here, you can open a ticket against them, or you could report it on IRC.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.