[Resolved] Failure While Running Multiple instances of Same VDI file

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Newbie2k

[Resolved] Failure While Running Multiple instances of Same VDI file

Post by Newbie2k »

Hi Gurus,

Created a VDI image of my laptop then accessing it via VirtualBox from other laptop ,now i created a copy of my existing VDI to another of my hard disk.Intention is to execute both VDI images in parallel fashion using Oracle Virtual box.Former instance of VDI runs fine ,but the latter fails with errors .. logs attached.
VBox.zip
(47.94 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Its really important for me to run both One being replica of other VDI images together in Oracle virtual box,any help is really appreciated and welcome

Regards,
Tarun
Last edited by socratis on 2. Jul 2018, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Failure While Running Multiple instances of Same VDI file

Post by socratis »

Newbie2k wrote:now i created a copy of my existing VDI
How?
Newbie2k wrote:Intention is to execute both VDI images in parallel
VDI means "Virtual Disk Image". Your statement is similar to saying "execute both hard drives in parallel". You don't "execute" a hard drive, you run a VM that utilizes one or more hard drives.
Newbie2k wrote:Its really important for me to run both One being replica of other VDI images together in Oracle virtual box
Have you looked at the "Clone" option? Because this is what I think you are trying to do. See ch. 1.14 Cloning virtual machines. You should have a searchable PDF included with your installation (/doc subdirectory of your VirtualBox installation). Take advantage of that fact, and use it to search the PDF for the terms that interest you.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Newbie2k

Post by Newbie2k »

Thanks clone option worked for me
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going. Marking as [Resolved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.