Data Security Issue with Remote Area Access

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
IvalSilva

Data Security Issue with Remote Area Access

Post by IvalSilva »

I had a problem with data security.

I have a server with a virtualbox installed, it has three virtual machines, users access the machine by remote connection of windows, when user of machine A with access to virtual machine 1, does a crtl + C, the user of machine B with access the virtual machine 2, does a crtl + V, it copies the data of the machine A. Great problem of data security
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Data Security Issue with Remote Area Access

Post by BillG »

Very strange. Are they clones?
Bill
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

IvalSilva wrote:I have a server with a virtualbox installed, it has three virtual machines
Can you describe your setup in a little bit more (actually a lot more) detail? Host, VirtualBox, guests, network, RDP ports, RDP clients involved (OS and versions). Complete details please...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
klaus
Oracle Corporation

Post by klaus »

Can you elaborate? It's a bit confusing how you describe the setup.

VirtualBox uses the clipboard of the guest and host OS. If the users A and B don't share the login on the host or in one of the VMs, then your scenario shouldn't happen. The VMs exchange clipboard purely with their "owner" on the host side.