Would I need to reinstall win7?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
mikehende

Would I need to reinstall win7?

Post by mikehende »

Hey guys, I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with windows 7 installed via bootcamp. If I were to try Virtual Box, would I need to reinstall windows 7 please?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Would I need to reinstall win7?

Post by socratis »

Yes. One is a Virtual Machine, the other is an alternative boot to your OSX. They're independent...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Got it, thx. Anyone on here using VM without any issues please? I wish to do this for DJing so of course will not want any hiccups when playing live with either my windows DJ software or the Mac DJ software.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

mikehende wrote:Anyone on here using VM without any issues please?
That would be a rare thing. Heck, most of the people have issues with their main OS, not an OS on top of a OS.
mikehende wrote:I wish to do this for DJing
You'll never know until you try it. Sound is a pain, somewhere between your belly and your knees...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Makes sense, appreciate the info and help.