Issue with VirtualBox

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Index

Issue with VirtualBox

Post by Index »

Hello, My name is Index,
This may not be the right place to post this, but im having an issue with virtual box that I am unable to solve. From my research others have also not been able to solve it and have switched to vmware, which I would rather not do. In any case, the error is a failed to open a sesson one.
The virtual machine 'Trash Clone 2 Clone' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\-\VirtualBox VMs\Trash Clone 2 Clone\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Will upload the log for more technical people to look at, I myself cannot spot any issue. This issue happened today and has never happened before. I have also installed NOX a video game emulator which from what i gather uses virtual box as well which has had some errors as well, but it still starts up fine after I reopen it. For those who do not know what NOX is, you can find it by googling NOX and looking for a download nox website which i cannot link since i have not been a member for more than 1 day.

I have tried reinstalling virtualbox, creating a new VM, deleting VMs, messing with my registry, and a few other solutions that I have found online, Also have tried both headless start and Detachable start. Im open to all ideas. Thank you all in advance for your help on this topic.

EDIT: it is not letting me upload the log because of a upload limit.
EDIT: Compressed it. You will need to extract it.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.rar
Log from virtual machine.
(15.84 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Issue with VirtualBox

Post by socratis »

Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas.
878.1564:     FileDescription: Avast HWID
878.1564:     FileDescription: Avast File System Minifilter for Windows 2003/Vista
878.1564:     FileDescription: Avast WFP Redirect Driver
878.1564:     FileDescription: Avast Revert
878.1564:     FileDescription: Avast Virtualization Driver
878.1564:     FileDescription: Avast self protection module
878.1564:     FileDescription: Stream Filter
878.1564:     FileDescription: Avast VM Monitor
210c.1a04: supR3HardNtChildWaitFor[2]: Quitting: ExitCode=0x1 (rcNtWait=0x0, rcNt1=0x0, rcNt2=0x103, rcNt3=0x103, 825 ms, the end);
Yes, you do have a hardening problem. I'd start with uninstalling Avast. Known adversary...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Index

Post by Index »

Thank you socratis, I uninstalled avast and rebooted. It didn't fix the problem, Then I checked the link you posted and proceeded to do the "Error Symptom 1: Exit with error code 1" solution using the sfc /scannow in CMD, and it has begun to work again! Do you have any suggestions for a compatible free anti virus?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

The built-in one in Windows is way more than adequate. Most people that I know prefer that, because it's non-intrusive, doesn't tax your system. It was built by the same people that built Windows, and they know exactly what to do and what to avoid.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.