'Save State' shortcut key doesn't work (#17748)

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
kujulutu

'Save State' shortcut key doesn't work (#17748)

Post by kujulutu »

[ModEdit; related ticket: #17748: 'Save State' shortcut key doesn't work]
I wanted to be able to quickly close the guest window, so I created a shortcut key to do a 'Save State'. It didn't work. To to what I did, which is very easy, on the main VirtualBox window, go to File > Preferences > Input, then on the right side select the Virtual Machine tab and scroll down to the entry 'Save State'. By default it's blank. Enter a new combination, such as Host key + B (this one isn't already used up). Now launch any VM and press Host + B. It should do a 'Save State', it does nothing for me.

I've tested assigning Host + B to other functions, such as the 'About VirtualBox...' entry, and it works, when I press Host + B the About window pops up, so that's not the problem.

I've tested assigning Host + other key combos, doesn't work.

I've tested assigning Host + B to 'Save State' on the VirtualBox Manager tab (instead of the Virtual Machine tab as explained above). Then I launched a VM, went back to the VirtualBox main window (Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager) and pressed Host + B, it worked perfectly. It should be clarified that in the case of the VirtualBox Manager tab the default entry for 'Save State' is Host + V, which also works perfectly.
Last edited by socratis on 9. May 2018, 23:27, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added ticket related information.