Installing Ubuntu

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
MichaelTeacher

Installing Ubuntu

Post by MichaelTeacher »

Hi there

I have been able to install VM but when I am following my Open University instructions for my assignment. The instructions say that the warning will delete any files from the disk. However, it is saying that it is going to delete all data in all operating systems.

I have followed the instructions very carefully so I could avoid getting this option when installing, but it keeps appearing. Is there something I should be doing differently?

Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Installing Ubuntu

Post by socratis »

No, you're doing everything fine. Ubuntu thinks that it is the only operating system. And it is.
  • INSIDE THE VM.
There is isolation between the host and the guest. When the installer talks about deleting everything, think of "everything" as "everything in the VM". Continue with no fear...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.