Virtualbox slow performance

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
MacInRoll

Virtualbox slow performance

Post by MacInRoll »

I'm Virtualbox user. I'm always use virtualbox but now virtualbox have slow performance. I'm make nothing but Virtualbox get slow performance. I'm updated Virtualbox and repaired Virtualbox but this error not going. Please help me. :( :roll:
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox slow performance

Post by socratis »

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
And please define "slow". It can be a relative term...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

The instructions I'm afraid were both explicit and specific. Follow them exactly...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

Please can you tell solution with picture?

I did not understand anything.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

socratis wrote:Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

Here is this.
Attachments
VBOX Log.rar
Virtualbox Log File
(21.8 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

You've had this particular VM running for a long time? It doesn't seem that way to me. I see several settings mistakes that time should have eliminated.

Try turning off 3D acceleration. I rather doubt this is useful in an NT4 guest, on a host using Intel graphics, and a guest that doesn't have the GAs installed.

You should also try running with the latest version (5.2.8), you are still on 5.2.6. Then install the Guest Additions.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I'm still waiting on the following:
socratis wrote:And please define "slow". It can be a relative term...
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

I was turn off 3D acceleration. I'm always used Virtual Machine. But Error is not going. :(
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

If you have a VM which is slow then look in the task list for the guest and find out what is using the CPU or I/O time. It doesn't just disappear.
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

Can You show with photo of this? I don't know anything of Virtualbox.
Last edited by socratis on 13. Mar 2018, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

@MacInRoll
Picture? Of your guest's Task Manager? That's what mpack is talking about; to try and find what's wrong in your WinNT4 guest. Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc and see what eats your CPU.

This is NOT a VirtualBox issue, this is an issue with your guest. Treat it as a problem with your guest.

More information should be available in a Windows forum. Or via your favorite search engine...
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

The most CPU eater is program by the System. System's programs can't closable. And this slowness is not in only one virtual machine, but in every virtual machine. This slowness has not happened in the past, but now it has comes.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Let it sit like that for a day or two. From virus scanning to indexing, a lot has to happen in a new system. Even a real one...