Virtual machine and USB

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Robertos

Re: Virtual machine and USB

Post by Robertos »

I did what i said but no results.
regards
Roberto
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

There are a couple of things to try:
  1. Install support for USB3 in WinXP as described in "#6: Guest support". The details are in "USB 3.0 support in XP guests".
  2. Post all the information about that Pinnacle device, only. I believe it might be in the video/camera category and that may be problematic. Use the tools listed in "#7: Troubleshooting", mainly USBDeview, USBView, and UsbTreeView.
  3. Just for kicks, can you check your Devices » Webcams menu when the Pinnacle is plugged in? Is it listed? (hunch; no)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Robertos

USB devices

Post by Robertos »

Hello

I am still experiences troubles with usb devices (storage pens, others). I cannot see usb from within the guest. The host is a win10 and the guest is a winxp.
I have seen this occurring to other people. Sometimes (very few and why only in such few) it works but no idea about why it does or it doesnt.

Can somebody help?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Robertos wrote:I am still experiences troubles with usb devices
Which is exactly why I merged your new topic with your existing one; it adds context. Plus you don't want to create duplicates...

You should know the drill by now, but if you don't remember, read the thread from the beginning and provider the information requested here: #8: Asking for help
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

As per your request. I followed the steps. Hope this can help to resolve.
Attachments
vbox_cmd_results.rar
Commands from dos prompt
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
win_XP_32b_posta_outlook-2018-09-03-22-04-17.rar
Starting the VM, plugging in the usb device, waitingg 2 minutes, shudown VM - generate the log file
(22.06 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

Sorry I made a little mistake in the report. I reattach here the files for the command feedback and the VM log.

Regards
Attachments
win_XP_32b_posta_outlook-2018-09-03-22-04-17.rar
log file
(22.06 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
vbox_cmd_results.rar
commands from dos prompt
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 17 times