VBox Guesteditions FILE is not working

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
nobeac

VBox Guesteditions FILE is not working

Post by nobeac »

Ok whenever I try and set up the file in storage in the menu it already has it listed so maybe that is why I have E_fail 0x80004005
medium wrap
Imedium and a line of code here
Ivirtualbox and a line of code again
Callee RC? VboX E object not found x80BB001

This is a message I get when I select the file on the selector in the Storage menu.
Then when I try and select the file in the virtual box itself, it doesn't engage at all. So is the file corrupted or what?

I am using the latest version of Virtual box and am using Windows 7.
Please no complicated steps to get it resolved. I am tech savy but somethings go over my head.
I need this file to work to have it go full screen. Why must all this be difficult and just have the drivers already in there and not mess with all this stupid stuff?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VBox Guesteditions FILE is not working

Post by socratis »

I can't make sense at all in what you're trying to describe. Could you try again?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
nobeac

Post by nobeac »

I downloaded the vboxguesteditions file and try to set it up in the storage menu in settings. The drive it already exists I see in the thing that comes up listed as a drive but anyway when I try and double click on the file in there it gives me this big error message of:
E_fail 0x80004005
medium wrap
Imedium and a line of code here
Ivirtualbox and a line of code again
Callee RC? VboX E object not found x80BB001

And when I start up Windows 98 in Virtual box and go and select the file in the drive in my computer it doesn't want to engage so I am thinking the newest vboxguesteditions file is corrupted or something it is not working so that I can get my virtual box win 98 to full screen.
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

Without seeing the log file (zipped of course) we can't comment on the specific cause of the error message you are seeing.

More importantly, there are no guest additions for Windows 98 - see User manual: Section 4.2.1. The best you can hope for is to install the BearWindows video driver into Windows 98 and put it into a reasonable resolution and colour depth.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
nobeac

VBox Guesteditions --- Does it work in WINDOWS 7?

Post by nobeac »

Hello,

I could not use the Vbox Guesteditions file in an emulated windows 98 to make the screen full screen. And I read somewhere that Windows 98 could not be in full screen anyway in Vbox. So my question is would I have better luck using the file in Vbox Windows 7 instead? Please guys they must have had it work in Windows 7 to be able to make it full screen by now I would have hoped. I have Windows XP media edition on the cpu right now and want to emulate 7 to full screen.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I merged your two topics. The next time I'm simply going to delete your duplicate post.

Please read the previous questions and try to answer them.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.