Lower resolution than maximum with maximized window

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
plsdont

Lower resolution than maximum with maximized window

Post by plsdont »

Hello,

I usually run my Linux at 1366x768 for a slighty bigger appereance. Now when I set this resolution the window gets smaller.

What I need is to use the mentioned resolution and have the windows maximized, preferabbly in seemless mode.

Why is it assumed that everyone runs the highets resolution all the time...how can this be done?

Thanks
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Lower resolution than maximum with maximized window

Post by mpack »

There is a difference between maximized and fullscreen. A maximized windows's client area is always less than a full screen client area. If you actually want fullscreen mode (or seamless) then install the GAs and select the appropriate mode in the View menu of the VM.
plsdont

Post by plsdont »

Yeah but when I do so and select the desired resolution and maximize the window on the host, the resultion is back to maximum. I need the hist window maximized and the guest resolution lower than the maximum possible resolution
plsdont

Post by plsdont »

I just increased the DPI to make everything appear bigger. In Linux desktop environment "XFCE 4" you find the setting at Settings > Apprearence > Fonts > in the lower area you can set the DPI
plsdont

Post by plsdont »

As I just saw, there is a menu point for scaling and therefore get a zoom effect its in the VM window