Where do I find the documentation for the correct installation of Virtual Box?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
webapplicationdeveloper

Where do I find the documentation for the correct installation of Virtual Box?

Post by webapplicationdeveloper »

Hi, I'm starting to study Computer Security and I need to install Virtual Box.
I already use it a while ago, but for mobile application tests. In this case it would be to test operating systems and I do not know how to configure the installation, if I have to take into account the environment variables, etc.
Some idea of where to find documentation, rease again and again by Oracle without success.
Thank you.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Where do I find the documentation for the correct installation of Virtual Box?

Post by socratis »

1. You're using it => you've already installed it. So...?
  2. There's nothing special about installing VirtualBox, but ch. "1.5. Installing VirtualBox and extension packs" may help fill in what questions you might have.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
webapplicationdeveloper

Re: Where do I find the documentation for the correct installation of Virtual Box?

Post by webapplicationdeveloper »

Thanks, I'm looking at the rules of the forum the way to thank and show that your response is good, but for more than reviewing it, I can not find it.
Forgive my mouth, but I have to use the translator.
And forgive me if my way of asking is not the most appropriate, and review the rules again and again.