[Solved] cant install the extension pack

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
DaeZ_Daniel

[Solved] cant install the extension pack

Post by DaeZ_Daniel »

i have VirtualBox 5.2.4-119785 and the extension pack 5.2.4-119785. i installed virtual box without any problems but i cant intall the extension pack which i need for school. i tried to run the programm as a admin and nothing changed. screenshot of the error:
vb.jpg
vb.jpg (34.79 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
Last edited by socratis on 5. Feb 2018, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: cant install the extension pack

Post by socratis »

Uninstall your antivirus. Disable it at the beginning, and if that doesn't work, uninstall it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
DaeZ_Daniel

Post by DaeZ_Daniel »

thank you, it worked :D
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].
Think about changing your favorite internet search engine. There should be plenty of results about this, but the search engine you're using now, does not seem to return any results for some reason.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.