Apache Credentials

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
lkennon

Apache Credentials

Post by lkennon »

I just installed the latest 5.2.6 VirtualBox on Mac OS X. On starting it I see there are two virtual machines pre-installed. There is one called "Apache". My presumption is this was provided to use, and maybe I am blind, but I cannot find anything on what credentials I can use to access this machine?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Apache Credentials

Post by socratis »

lkennon wrote:On starting it I see there are two virtual machines pre-installed.
There is nothing pre-installed, pre-shipped of pre-configured with VirtualBox. Those are most probably older VMs that you had on your system.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lkennon

Post by lkennon »

Doooh! You are right. I guess I installed them a year or two ago and forgot about them after uninstalled the software then. Thanks!
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

Now you know that uninstalling VirtualBox does not have any effect on the vms. They are simply data files and are still there.
Bill