A question about "Snapshot".

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
hack3rcon

Re: A question about "Snapshot".

Post by hack3rcon »

mpack wrote:The entire contents of disk are restored. If the snapshot was created "live" then RAM is restored too. Otherwise the VM boots from scratch and RAM contents are recreated. None of this prevents the guest OS from recognizing that time has passed, it will behave exactly the same as a PC that was shut down or hiberated some time ago.
Thus, Why my software not worked :(
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Look, if you keep repeating the same question, you're going to be getting the same answer. Either tell us exactly the "software" so we can test it (if it's an illegal torrent, don't even bother, you'll get banned), or contact the software developer and explain your problem.

This question has already been answered. I do not want to lock the thread, all right?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Even if we knew the software I'm not sure what there is to test. Test that the copyright protection in some software can be defeated using snapshots? Either the test goes one way and I wouldn't want to be seen helping a cheat, or it goes the other way and the only people who can say how the trick is done is the developers.

In fact I've just convinced myself that this topic is pointless. I'm not lending my expertise to help someone steal software, and these forums can't he seen doing it either.

Locking this.

@hack3rcon: please do not raise a subject like this in the forums again.