SOLVED: Can't Adjust VB Screen Size: 5.1.26

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
ckohler4692

SOLVED: Can't Adjust VB Screen Size: 5.1.26

Post by ckohler4692 »

I have tried every setting both in the virtual box and outside. The guest additions simply don't "execute", the windows ones, and my VBs have had both win7 and win10.

The manual doesn't help me, it describes that the additions will actually do something. Mine do not. Currenlty upgrade my VB to the most current, 5.1.26 r117224(QT5.6.2)

Before upgrading the VB to current versions, my screen of my VB display would automatically adjust I HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO MESS WITH SCREEN SIZE.

With my VB's default screen size being so small I cannot proceed to my workflow. I am researching forums, posts, etc and I have failed to find any helpful posts concerning the newest VB 5.1.26.

Please help!

SOLUTION
:
1. Expand your host window to max.
2. In your HOST WINDOW, select drop-down menu "VIEW", under view select "Scaled Mode". The icons should enlarge and look pixelated as hell
3. In the you GUEST WINDOW(VB INTERFACE) , select Preferences --> Monitor Settings. Select your resolution from this window that pops up , click Apply before you click Save to close the window.
rotorav8r

Re: SOLVED: Can't Adjust VB Screen Size: 5.1.26

Post by rotorav8r »

Apologies in advance for "reopening" a solved issue, but I have a very similar issue here. Was working ok until a couple days ago and now I can't change my VM's screen resolution. Something happened to crash the VM and I had to kill the virtual machine and restart the VB manager. Screen resolution went back to 800x600 and like the OP, the commands to change it don't seem to "execute". I tried the solution above, (including installing 5.1.26 r117224 a little it ago) but no joy.

The quick and dirty is, how do I get the VM to either scale automatically or change to one of the defined resolutions under the View | Virtual Screen menu?