web cam

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
gizmo_
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

web cam

Post by gizmo_ »

I am running Linux in VirtualBox on a Mac. is there any way I can export the mac camera into VirtualBox or use a web cam in VirtualBox for OSX? If so how can I do this, please?
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Re: web cam

Post by Martin »

As a first step please have a look at the manual, chapter 9.7 for Webcam passthrough support.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: web cam

Post by socratis »

And please do not post the same question in different sub-forums. I deleted your duplicate post from the "OSX Hosts". According to the forum rules, duplicate posts are not allowed. It's not good etiquette...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
gizmo_
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

FaceTime on linux in MacOS

Post by gizmo_ »

I am running High Sierra with Linux installed in Virtualbox but can't use the webcam because I don't know how it's installed . Can someone please assist me by helping me to install it please? All suggestions and help grateful . Thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: FaceTime on linux in MacOS

Post by socratis »

This post is a duplicate. You've done it before, you have been warned before, please do not do it again. I will merge this question which was posted on the "OS X pre-releases"(?) with your previous question and move the whole thing to "OSX Hosts". This question has been answered. If the answer does not work, please say what exactly doesn't work. Don't repeat the question every month.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.