Is it possible personal using VirtualBox in the company? (non-commercial use)

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Minov

Is it possible personal using VirtualBox in the company? (non-commercial use)

Post by Minov »

Hello.
I have a question about the VirtualBox product.
I want to install and use VirtualBox for personal testing at company. (non-commercial use)
(just using installation Linux and using to connect ssh via putty.)
In this case I wondering what the VirtualBox license policy is.
Is it possible personal using VirtualBox in the company?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Is it possible personal using VirtualBox in the company? (non-commercial use)

Post by socratis »

Licensing: Frequently Asked Questions
The VirtualBox base package (i.e., everything but the VirtualBox Extension Pack) contains the full VirtualBox source code and platform binaries and is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2. You can distribute and modify the base package, provided that you distribute all modifications under the GPLv2 as well.
Personal Use is defined in the PUEL as an instance of the VirtualBox Extension Pack that is downloaded onto a single Host Computer and accessed on the same Host Computer or on a single client that is connected to that Host Computer for the purpose of displaying Guest Computers remotely.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.