[Solved] Disable mouse and keyboard messages

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Moltke

[Solved] Disable mouse and keyboard messages

Post by Moltke »

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! :) I was wondering whether it is possible to disable the messages when a VM starts about mouse and keyboard support, you know those messages that tell you that the VM supports mouse integration or keyboard. Is it? is it not? I know it might be a silly question but still, I'd like to know if I can disable that on those VMs I know work fine. I know I can just click the "x" and close them, but sometimes I'm using my wireless keyboard and would like not to have to use the mouse just for that. Thank you in advance for your answers!
Last edited by Moltke on 16. Apr 2017, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Disable mouse and keyboard messages

Post by BillG »

It is a while since I saw that but there is an option somewhere there to not show it again.
Bill
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Moltke wrote:I know I can just click the "x" and close them
Don't close the "x", hover over the dialog and press the "dialog icon".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Moltke

Post by Moltke »

Don't close the "x", hover over the dialog and press the "dialog icon"
Can't do it! When I do that I get an error message, something about "memory cannot be written" and something else but I don't remember. Also, the dialogue icon is disabled, it is crossed out, and now that I think of it, it's always been like that, but I never tried to used it before. What's going on? By the way, I have a usb mouse not sure that could be the problem. Thanks for your answer!
Moltke

Post by Moltke »

Well no more error messages. I was able to press the dialog icon and that made it. Thank you so much for your assistance.