How to install software into a virtual machine

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: How to install software into a virtual machine

Post by socratis »

@Boristhemoggy
Watch your attitude. You don't want to get issued a warning for personal attacks.

@FrodoHobbits
You should be attaching the images here locally. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
FrodoHobbits
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Windows, QNX & Linux

Post by FrodoHobbits »

socratis wrote:@FrodoHobbits
You should be attaching the images here locally. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
You having a go at me now? :lol:
Sorry, I don't post here much these days and overlooked the Upload tab.
erdeslawe
Volunteer

Post by erdeslawe »

@Boristhemoggy

In Windows XP's Explorer you should be able to see the Shared Folders with their Drive Letters and also the Network Drives something similar to the image below. If you can't see these when you expand the necessary Folders, then your shared folders setup is simply wrong. However, if you can see your Drive setup in a similar way then navigate to the appropriate Drive listing under VBOXSVR to find the program you want to run.

The people here, who are primarily users like yourself, can't really help very much if they don't clearly understand the start-point for your problem/issue, i.e. they need to have a clear explanation, which requires a little more than "I can't run programs", so please explain further if you still have continuing problems instead of entering into an immediate rant because you can't immediately grasp a specific process. Remember that many 1,000s of people, including sufficient paying businesses to make continuing development by Oracle worthwhile, use this software without experiencing any significant difficulties or problems.
Attachments
Win10 Explorer.png
Win10 Explorer.png (89.67 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Boristhemoggy

Post by Boristhemoggy »

FrodoHobbits wrote:Did you go into your XP settings and create a shared folder?
http://imgur.com/a/S3ths
I did. And I do not know how I did it but it is now working!
It also runs a program!
Thanks people who helped!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Out of place remarks removed. Topic locked.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.