Discuss the 5.1.8 release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
marcthin

Re: Discuss the 5.1.8 release

Post by marcthin »

Hello Papolytic; I tested with manjaro-cinnamon and its working fine (Youtube and Flash), with Centos 7 it is working not. So I say wit 5.1.2 for a while.

Thanks for the reply.
twig123

Post by twig123 »

So, I just upgraded to "5.1.8 r111374 (Qt5.5.1)" from v5.0 something I believe.

In v5.1.8, the Start -> Detachable Start is no longer working as intended.
Selecting "Detachable Start" is starting the VM in the regular Start mode instead of detachable. So, clicking on the "X" on the VM window no longer shows the option to detach from the instance.... it only has the options to Save, Shutdown, or Power Off.

I assume this is a new bug introduced with this version. Is anyone else having this issue as well?

(Furthermore, why not make ALL VMs detachable by default... instead of having to specifically select it?)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

twig123 wrote:clicking on the "X" on the VM window no longer shows the option to detach from the instance.... it only has the options to Save, Shutdown, or Power Off. I assume this is a new bug introduced with this version.
[NotABug] Detacheble started VM can't be detached.
twig123 wrote:Furthermore, why not make ALL VMs detachable by default... instead of having to specifically select it?
Performance issues. Detachable ones are slower.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
twig123

Post by twig123 »

Thank you for the information.

How about allowing a keyboard shortcut to detach, instead of needing to go to the machine menu every time?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

As in: VirtualBox Manager » Preferences » Input » VirtualBox Manager » Detachable start ?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.