Discuss the 5.1.4 release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Discuss the 5.1.4 release

Post by socratis »

johnlee wrote:How can I get the correct current running version no of vbox
Official releases: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Test releases: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
johnlee

Post by johnlee »

You answered too quickly- didn't read my email! Of course I know how to download test builds!

I want to get the version no that is running , eg as a variable in ubuntu cli.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Yes, I did read your message, although I had to read it four times because of the abbreviations. For example it took me a while to figure out that "no" stands for number and not the opposite of "yes".

But, since this discussion is NOT about the 5.1.4 release, since you refer to 5.1.5, do you mind starting a new thread where you explain your problem clearer? Thanks for understanding that we shouldn't be polluting this thread with unrelated discussions.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Matipare

Re: 5.1.4 troubles

Post by Matipare »

loukingjr wrote:
Matipare wrote:Just installed 5.1.4 vbox and guest addictions on ubuntu mate guest.

No more sound on video from internet, and very often is not possible to open video itself...

Someone has some info?

bye.
What is your host? On a Mac host I had to change the audio controller to Intel HD Audio.
Windows 10
Organic_Marble
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Ubuntu WinXP Win7 Win10

Post by Organic_Marble »

Could not wait any longer. Rolled back to 5.1.2 to regain snapshot deletion functionality. Will stay on that version until it's confirmed to be fixed.