Discuss the 5.0.24 release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
frank
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows

Discuss the 5.0.24 release

Post by frank »

Discuss the 5.0.24 release here.
You can download the release here.
BrianG61UK
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Windows, DOS, Linux

Re: Discuss the 5.0.24 release

Post by BrianG61UK »

I'm using VB 5.0.24 on a Windows 7 64 bit host and trying to install and run 64 bit openSUSE Leap 42.1 in a VM.
It seems very unreliable. I'm not 100% sure what's going wrong but I think trouble comes after the kernel gets updated if I let the virtual machine reboot - VirtualBox itself becomes unresponsive and openSUSE does not finish rebooting. If I manage to avoid rebooting the VM and just shut it down and then separately start it again I think it's alright!?
Flab
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: WinXP SP3 32Bits

Keyboard troubles on 5.0.24 over Win10

Post by Flab »

Hi,
After the update 5.0.24 we have problems with the "control" key in WinXP virtualized over Win10.
Suddenly, it is like the control key had been pressed and all you are doing with keyboard or mouse correspond with CTRL + "XXX" actions.
If we enter in the virtualized system configuration (Windows XP in this case), while it is running, and uncheck / check the "Autocapture keyboard" in input options, keyboard works right again for a while.
This did not happened before version 5.0.24. We have this virtual machine on-line about six months without any important problems.
frank
Oracle Corporation
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows

Re: Keyboard troubles on 5.0.24 over Win10

Post by frank »

Flab wrote:Hi,
After the update 5.0.24 we have problems with the "control" key in WinXP virtualized over Win10.
Suddenly, it is like the control key had been pressed and all you are doing with keyboard or mouse correspond with CTRL + "XXX" actions.
If we enter in the virtualized system configuration (Windows XP in this case), while it is running, and uncheck / check the "Autocapture keyboard" in input options, keyboard works right again for a while.
This did not happened before version 5.0.24. We have this virtual machine on-line about six months without any important problems.
There were no keyboard-related changes in 5.0.24. Which is the previous version which didn't show this problem?
Flab

Post by Flab »

frank wrote:
There were no keyboard-related changes in 5.0.24. Which is the previous version which didn't show this problem?
I detected the fail first time in v5.0.22, but i was waiting if v5.0.24 solve it

Another issue for ver. > 5.0.20: Sometimes, the virtual machine is closed dirty (without close programs and ending user session) when is minimized more XX minutes (on line). The time is aleatory, I think.

I use the virtual system for app development in VB6 in XP over Win10 (because this development environment is not compatible with Windows 7 and newer), and this issue is a big head pain, because sometimes I lost works in progress if I forgot save the changes before leave the workplace (go to eat for example) .

Normally I save the state when I close the VM, because this don't close the programs, and I save time the next time. But when this issue happen, the machine restart from zero.

thank you and best regards
VBoxVM
Guest OSses: Debian

Post by VBoxVM »

Host: Debian 8.
Guest: Windows 7.
Extension Pack installed.
Bug with displaying the desktop previews guest.
Attachments
user.png
user.png (90.2 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Looks like a host graphics driver bug to me. The frame buffer provided is narrower than the declared window size, so each scan wraps onto the next one. What display size (and color depth) is the guest using? What is the color depth on the host?
VBoxVM
Guest OSses: Debian

Post by VBoxVM »

mpack wrote:Looks like a host graphics driver bug to me. The frame buffer provided is narrower than the declared window size, so each scan wraps onto the next one. What display size (and color depth) is the guest using? What is the color depth on the host?
Host - server without DE (only ssh).
Guest 1366x768 true color (24 bit), 24 mb ram. On guest windows server 2012 and unix no such problems.
Flab

Post by Flab »

Flab wrote:
frank wrote:
I detected the fail first time in v5.0.22, but i was waiting if v5.0.24 solve it

Another issue for ver. > 5.0.20: Sometimes, the virtual machine is closed dirty (without close programs and ending user session) when is minimized more XX minutes (on line). The time is aleatory, I think.

I use the virtual system for app development in VB6 in XP over Win10 (because this development environment is not compatible with Windows 7 and newer), and this issue is a big head pain, because sometimes I lost works in progress if I forgot save the changes before leave the workplace (go to eat for example) .

Normally I save the state when I close the VM, because this don't close the programs, and I save time the next time. But when this issue happen, the machine restart from zero.

thank you and best regards
Hi, the keyboard's issue is gone with ver. 5.1

The other issue was my mistake . Forget it

Thanks
naveen2007

5.0.24 release on Windows 10

Post by naveen2007 »

Installed Version 5.0.24 r108355 on Windows 10 but bridged adapter not working. I can connect to guest using Host but guest is not reachable from
outside the Host. i.e Can someone tell me if its known issue with windows 10 ?
inradri

Post by inradri »

uncheck the 'Auto Capture Keyboard' in File:Preferences to remove the error message upon start.