Connect the USB device with the same name to different virtual computers

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
AlexanderSh88

Re: Connect the USB device with the same name to different virtual computers

Post by AlexanderSh88 »

I found an easier way to connect several identical mouse to different virtual machines (without using ports in filters).

------------------
1 - on the first virtual machine, create and activate your mouse filter. On all other machines, you must turn off the filter for this mouse.
2 - connect the mouse that we want to connect to the first virtual machine (or if the mouse is already connected, you must disconnect it from the USB port and reconnect it). After completing these steps, connect this mouse to the first virtual machine.
3 - on the second virtual machine, create and activate a second identical mouse filter. On all other machines, you must turn off the filter for this mouse.
4 - connect the mouse that we want to connect to the second virtual machine (or if the mouse is already connected, you must disconnect it from the USB port and reconnect it). After completing these steps, connect this mouse to the second virtual machine.
etc.
------------------

In this way, you can connect as many identical mouse to different virtual machines. :wink:
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

socratis wrote:
AlexanderSh88 wrote:If there was no filter the usb port, I would not be able to connect two mice at the same time.
There might have been something that you could have done, but I won't go into it right now.
Well, when I said "I won't go into it right now", that's what I had in mind. It's not the easiest thing in the world to describe and follow, but it was done at least once more. I simply couldn't find the reference... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Anton.A

Post by Anton.A »

Alexander, thank you very much! It perfectly works! You saved me a lot of time!