Virtual box paused continuously ? How to fix that one?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
gsivaprabu

Virtual box paused continuously ? How to fix that one?

Post by gsivaprabu »

Hi,

I am using Virtual Box 4.0.2. r69518 in Windows-8 i installed Ubuntu 12.0 in virtual box when i am opening tell as low dis space ..

I allotted 100 GB fro Ubuntu.

after i got that error i deleted some project files up to 20 GB till now not free the space.

In my windows machine shows 152 KB only free how?

I deleted 20 GB in Ubuntu but i got no changes in windows please help me

How can i fixed i have lot of backups in Ubuntu.
Attachments
windows machine memory
windows machine memory
WindowsMachine.png (77.84 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Storage full Error
Storage full Error
UbuntuError.jpg (114.81 KiB) Viewed 897 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Virtual box paused continuously ? How to fix that one?

Post by scottgus1 »

Sounds like you made a 100GB virtual disk for you Ubuntu guest. That results in a file on your host hard drive that will grow to just a hint over 100GB. You have a partition holding that virtual disk file that will only hold 98.8GB of data. As Alice said to Ralph, you're doing an impression of two pounds of baloney in a one pound bag. 8) In other words your virtual drive is too big for your physical drive.

The virtual drive does not get smaller on its own when you delete data out of it. You will have to clone & compact the virtual drive file. Mpack's CloneVDI (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22422) will do the job for you, and may be able to change the partition size inside the guest OS.

You would then attach your cloned drive file to the guest instead of the drive file you have now. It will again grow to 100GB one day, unless you change the partition sizes inside the guest to shrink the 100GB down to something smaller. You will not need to change the 100GB size in Virtualbox itself if the internal partition is smaller - the unused space will not get written to.