Discuss the 4.3.16 release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
HalinReno

Re: Discuss the 4.3.16 release

Post by HalinReno »

Well, I thought this would be fixed with this latest release since it was brought up a while ago but I guess not. Here is a screen shot of what I'm getting:

Computer #1:
Mint 17 Cinnamon 64bit
AMD fx8350
16G ram
nvidia 660ti
Virtualbox utils 4.3.18
Computer #1
Computer #1
computer 1.jpg (52.51 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
Computer #2:
Mint 17 Cinnamon 32bit
Intel Core 2 duo (Ack!!!)
4G ram
nvidia 610
Virtualbox utils 4.3.10
Computer #2
Computer #2
SWUB4L~7.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
It's looking like the attachments I've seen on this thread. No errors during the installation of Virtualbox. This has been after 4.3.14. 4.3.14 works fine but after that, this is what I get.

Let me know what log files anyone needs for this problem.
michael
Oracle Corporation

Post by michael »

HalinReno wrote:Well, I thought this would be fixed with this latest release since it was brought up a while ago but I guess not. Here is a screen shot of what I'm getting [...] Let me know what log files anyone needs for this problem.
Usually the log files needed are any log file produced by a run of an affected machine. But let's start from the beginning, and for someone dense like me, since it is not obvious to me from the screen shots, can you actually explain what you expect to happen or see and what you actually do?
HalinReno

Post by HalinReno »

No problem. I should have explained in more detail. The guest desktops are not in the virtual machine's window. When I start the virtual machine, it comes up in a window and I can interact with the guest os. But when I go full screen, it will go full screen, but I cannot do anything. Like it just freezes. Then when I get out of full screen using hotkey+F, the guest desktop is separate from the Virtualbox window and it's still frozen. If you look at the screen shots, the Virtualbox window is behind, down and to the right of the actual guest desktop. This happens on two different computers. This does not happen with windows 7 as the guest. Only Linux distributions (has happened with Mint, Antergos, Manjaro, Ubuntu and Deepin). Currently running kernel 3.14.20.

I have attached all the log files from computer #1 that I could find for virtualbox.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Attachments
virtualbox log files.tar.gz
(131.23 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
michael
Oracle Corporation

Post by michael »

HalinReno: I presume this does not happen if you disable 3D pass-through?
HalinReno

Post by HalinReno »

Dang it.. always forgetting something. You are correct. It does work without 3D acceleration.
michael
Oracle Corporation

Post by michael »

Since 4.3.18 is out now it might be time to close this thread. Discussion of bugs should probably move to the bug tracker in any case. HalinReno, your problem is know internally but I can't find a public bug ticket for it, so if you can't find one you might want to create one. Thanks.