Guest Additions .iso not ejecting from guest

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: Guest Additions .iso not ejecting from guest

Post by loukingjr »

Apparently VirtualBox behaves differently on different versions of OSX. I just created one guest but here's what happens on 10.7.5.

insert the GAs. The VB GUI still had the Lubuntu.iso listed as attached even though it wasn't, and the VB GUI still said it was mounted even though I just mounted the GAs. None the less, I installed the GAs and then ejected them. The Lubuntu.iso was still listed as mounted. I clicked on storage and the CD?DVD immediately switched to "Empty" and actually was. lol

The other thing I noticed was the mystery VB icon that shows up in the dock when you launch a guest is not there in 10.7.5 but it is in 10.9.2

perhaps they can't make a version of VirtualBox that works over multiple versions of OSX.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

I think it is all they can do to keep up with all the changes, since it does not seem there are a lot of paying Mac customers.
loukingjr
Volunteer

Post by loukingjr »

Perryg wrote:I think it is all they can do to keep up with all the changes, since it does not seem there are a lot of paying Mac customers.
actually Perry, when I read the comment about "paying Mac customers" quite awhile ago the first time you mentioned it, I went to the Oracle site to see if one can actually pay for VirtualBox. I couldn't find a version for Macs I could pay for. :) unless you are just being facetious?
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

No not at all. And there is a paying version available but the price is over the top. Something like 49 dollars but you have to buy a contract for like 500 units.
I have not actually called a sales rep but it seemed that was the only way to actually get support.
loukingjr
Volunteer

Post by loukingjr »

Perryg wrote:No not at all. And there is a paying version available but the price is over the top. Something like 49 dollars but you have to buy a contract for like 500 units.
I have not actually called a sales rep but it seemed that was the only way to actually get support.
Interesting. I still couldn't find it but I believe you. I just have three iMacs so I guess I couldn't take advantage of the pricing anyway :)