Set which monitor is used in fullscreen mode?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
harryvee
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: xp

Set which monitor is used in fullscreen mode?

Post by harryvee »

Hey guys,

I have four monitors, and three virtual monitors, and when I choose to enter fullscreen mode using virtualbox one of the virtual screens jumps to a screen I don't want it to jump to.

I was wondering if there is any way to change this.

I used to be able to just set the virtual screens on the correct physical screen and then switch to fullscreen mode and it would work fine.

thanks guys :)
harryvee
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: xp

Re: Set which monitor is used in fullscreen mode?

Post by harryvee »

update: found the answer in the forums, sorry for wasting bandwidth I suck at thinking up appropriate search terms :oops:

Anyone that finds this thread with a similar issue check this link out for the answer:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38514

CLIFFS: hit host+home and you can change the relationship from there :)
eckirchn

Post by eckirchn »

Thank you for the suggestion.

To paraphrase the link included above (Under Windows 7):

1. Enter Full Screen Mode (Note what your [HOST] key is prior to doing this (or check your settings to confirm what it is):
2. Hit [HOST]+[HOME (Keyboard Key)]
3. Select View and select the screen to be displayed on

I am not sure the attached link is explicit enough, and will comment similar on that thread.

Thank you
MarkFoley

Post by MarkFoley »

I've just changed my physical video monitor configuration (replaced one of the monitors) and now Vbox opens in full screen on my primary monitor, even if it was not in full screen on a different monitor -- and before installing the new monitor it opened on my desired monitor. I want it to open full screen on a specific monitor. I've done several searched on this issue and all say the same thing as this older post response. My problem is that when I do HOST+Home > View > Virtual Screen 1, all my "Use Host Screen" options are grayed out and I cannot select any of them. How to I accomplish this?