Is it possible to re-run the first run wizard with VirtualBox?
I'm trying to set up a VM to run Windows 7 with TrueCrypt encryption and hidden O/S. To set up a hidden O/S with TrueCrypt you:
1) Install base O/S (in this case Windows 7).
2) Install TrueCrypt.
3) Create encrypted containers and get TrueCrypt to copy base O/S to encrypted container.
At the point TrueCrypt wipes the base installs, removing all traces of TrueCrypt being installed/the hidden O/S wizard run.
After that you re-install the base O/S from scratch but starting the VM triggers the TrueCrypt boot password protection (something you the reinstall intentionally over-writes). I need a way to avoid that, making VirtualBox treat the virtual disk like it's brand new and running the first run wizard to reinstall Windows 7.
If it makes any difference I've done the following:
1) Created new virtual disk, fixed size/60Gb.
2) Installed Windows 7 from first run wizard.
3) Via Windows re-partitioned hard disk to create two partitions, one with the base Windows 7 install on it, the second free.
4) Created the necessary TrueCrypt bits and cloaned the O/S from one partition to the other.
5) Run the wipe to remove all traces of the base O/S from the first partition.
Thanks for any help,