booting via network

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
code34

booting via network

Post by code34 »

Hello,

I want to know how can i a boot a linux guest in a virtual box via network instead of installing an os on hardrive ? It always found a dhcp in 10.0.0.2.

Is there a way to install a boot server on a linux guest with a boot image, and boot with it on a second guest via network ?
code34

Post by code34 »

is there a solution ?
coolio10

Post by coolio10 »

Is the drive networked that you want the image to be located? If so than just create the image at the other drive and link it by picking the networked drive in browse window.
code34

Post by code34 »

coolio10 wrote:Is the drive networked that you want the image to be located? If so than just create the image at the other drive and link it by picking the networked drive in browse window.
The image is located in a virtual box wich hosts a dhcp. I want to boot to this dhcp from an another virtual box
Ingo
Volunteer

Re: booting via network

Post by Ingo »

code34 wrote:Is there a way to install a boot server on a linux guest with a boot image, and boot with it on a second guest via network ?
I think it should do. Using a bridge will make your guests transparent available to your LAN. So there shouldn't be a difference to real machines. VirtualBox supports booting with PXE via LAN.
code34

Post by code34 »

mmm, ok thks , i will try