Virtualbox the GEM of Linux!

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
TitanKing

Virtualbox the GEM of Linux!

Post by TitanKing »

I just want to personally thank the Virtualbox developers for a job well done. You may have the title "Sir" added to your reputation. I cant go without Virtualbox as I use it in my development environment in a daily basis!

Thanks a million!
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

Absolutely Agree !
abcuser
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu, Windows XP

Post by abcuser »

I love VirtualBox too. Thanks a lot.
gavro

Post by gavro »

Same here... wine is fine for simple things... but VBox is not to be missed for devvers! Love it!

Many thnx!!
Dieter Manstein

Me too

Post by Dieter Manstein »

I tried out VB some months ago, but returned to Vmware. 3 days ago I decided to try it again. The progress made is just unbelievable! I'm running in seamless mode and it's just awe inspiring.

Thank you, folks!

ps.: I'm particularly concerned with CPU and memory usage, and IMHO VB do use less host resources in a degree that justifies the switch from Vmware.
itismike

Post by itismike »

Agreed! I used VMWare Player for over a year, but due to a bug in the latest Ubuntu, I found VirtualBox - what a fantastic open-source project! Performance is better than VMWare Player (quite a bit faster, sound works, etc.) and the setup was so simple! I look forward to using it at work (Windows shop) to liberate my PC.
jonray74

not to me, it was a pain to put USB devices...

Post by jonray74 »

VB seems to be okay, running as-is, but when it comes to USB installation and USB detection, it's a pain.

I haven't tried VMWARE, but i'll check it out and see how it goes. I like VB but it seems that it's a problem installing USB devices. Couldn't detect most of them.
attercop

Post by attercop »

The Wine guys do a great job but Virtual Box has just blown me away. You guys have risen the bar. Brilliant work. Genius.

I look forward to seeing more USB compatibility and support for 3D games in the future. Keep up the good work.

Andy
Grateful (new) VB User
Ingo
Volunteer

Re: not to me, it was a pain to put USB devices...

Post by Ingo »

jonray74 wrote:VB seems to be okay, running as-is, but when it comes to USB installation and USB detection, it's a pain.
And it's also a pain with Shared Folders. But I'm sure they will fix it sooner or later.
And for any problem I found a workaround.
ZxEfR

Post by ZxEfR »

VB is great indeed....thank you for all of your hard work...you guys rock!

As far as I'm concerned the only thing wrong with VB is the USB issues...but I certainly wouldn't kick VB to the curb for that :O)

Thanks again VB devs!!!