Discuss VirtualBox 2.2.0 Release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
castalla

Re: Discuss VirtualBox 2.2.0 Release

Post by castalla »

All this discussion ... but just when is a fixed 2.2.1 likely to be released?

As it stands, the whole 2.2 experience is like pushing water uphill!
AVee
Primary OS: Debian Lenny
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows

Post by AVee »

vbox4me2 wrote:Older GA versions can be found if you follow the FAQ or the quickclick FAQ.
Sure, but that still doesn't give you easy access to just the Guest Additions iso image. I ended up extracting it from the debian package, which worked fine. But a direct download for either the VBoxGuestAdditions-2.1.4.iso or the installer for the Guest Additions would have bean easy.

Anyway, uninstalling the 2.2 Guest Additions and installing the 2.1.4 Guest Additions instead (click yes about replacing files which are newer) fixed the mouse integration issue I had with my XP guest.
vbox4me2
Volunteer

Post by vbox4me2 »

AVee wrote:Sure, but that still doesn't give you easy access to just the Guest Additions iso image.
Time for a visit to the eye docter then...
vboxdownl.jpg
vboxdownl.jpg (41.37 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
alvarf
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
Guest OSses: Windows XP

Post by alvarf »

I also revert back to Virtualbox 2.1.4 due to network issue on my Windows XP guest system. I needed to reconfigure every time my network card before booting my Windows XP guest system. Also the copy/paste option from host to guest and visa versa fails intermittent.
dtfinch
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
Guest OSses: Linux

Post by dtfinch »

I regret uploading from 2.1.4 to 2.2.0 on Vista. This release caused a lot of network problem, like pidgin would no longer connect, so I figured I'd uninstall it, then reinstall minus the optional drivers.

The big problem is that the uninstaller is entirely broken, and rolls back the uninstall each time without so much as an error message. Disabling the network interface, removing the driver using device manager, and rebooting doesn't help. And the uninstaller won't run at all if I boot in safe mode.

Edit: Followed these steps to uninstall: http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/3701#comment:6
djilk
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: OpenSUSE, Ubuntu

Post by djilk »

Looks like the axis/raw web interface example code (clienttest.java) was not updated to reflect the removal of getMachines2:

Code: Select all

clienttest.java:79: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method IVirtualBox_getMachines2(java.lang.String)
Fix is to simply change it to "getMachines" on the offending line.