Snapshot fail to restore

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Re: Snapshot fail to restore

Post by fth0 »

Thanks for providing the Cloudian.vbox file. Un-/Fortunately, the contents of the file didn't indicate anything unusual to me.

This probably means that my previous assumptions do not match your situation. I assumed that the problem was created beforehand and only surfaced during your current VM runs, which should have been visible in the state between VM runs. Now it looks like the problem was created during a VM run, so IMHO we should concentrate on a single VM run:

Please reproduce the issue, describe what you did, what happened and provide a zip file containing the contents of the VirtualBox global configuration folder (C:\Users\<username>\.VirtualBox) and the VBox.log file of that VM run.
Edward22

Post by Edward22 »

fth0 wrote: Please reproduce the issue, describe what you did, what happened and provide a zip file containing the contents of the VirtualBox global configuration folder (C:\Users\<username>\.VirtualBox) and the VBox.log file of that VM run.
Not sure where are the contents of the VB global configuration, so I will just take a picture, and you can then direct me where to find it.
The zip file have the latest log too. What I did was the same thing. I took a snapshot while the VM is running using the tab-machine-snapshot, shutdown the VM, try to restore the latest snapshot, but fail.

Try not to get confuse with the snapshot name, the #6 is not the same from the one days ago. I had deleted that old one.
Attachments
Cloudian log & pic.zip
(58.33 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by mpack on 15. May 2023, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trim redundant verbatim quote.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

@Edward22: if you are going to quote another participant, please trim the quote to just the relevant part. A verbatim quote simply duplicates another post, and wastes space and time. If you don't want to quote another participant then use "Post Reply" instead of the "Quote" button.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

Edward22 wrote:
fth0 wrote: Please reproduce the issue, describe what you did, what happened and provide a zip file containing the contents of the VirtualBox global configuration folder (C:\Users\<username>\.VirtualBox) and the VBox.log file of that VM run.
Not sure where are the contents of the VB global configuration, so I will just take a picture, and you can then direct me where to find it.
Try C:\Users\LukeStar\.VirtualBox, and note the dot ("."). ;)
Edward22

Post by Edward22 »

fth0 wrote: Try C:\Users\LukeStar\.VirtualBox, and note the dot ("."). ;)
Oh. Found it, but there are so many. None called "global config", there are 4 files with Dhcpd.config. Are you talking about these?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Edward22 wrote:Found it, but there are so many.
I think fth0 will want to see the whole folder, zipped, please.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

With the greatest respect, I've moved the discussion about using the Quote button to "Feedback to the Moderators" viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8888&start=285#p535847. :D

Edward, it would be helpful to use "Post Reply" at the page bottom instead of "Quote" to start a reply, then you can select and quote the particular part of the responder's text that you wish to continue discussion on. This will keep the reading of the conversation concise and easier to follow. Thanks!