Layout Iniziale scomparso

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Boomerang

Layout Iniziale scomparso

Post by Boomerang »

Buongiorno, sono un nuovo utente, e non ho alcuna esperienza, circa l'uso appropriato di VirtualBox.
Attualmente ho installato VB, su un sistema Windows 11, ho creato una macchina con "motore debian 11", ed ho operato normalmente.
Dopo un giorno ho riacceso la macchina ed era tutto funzionante, purtroppo mentre, facevo alcuna prove, per acquisire un pò di dimestichezza, mi è sparita finestra "tradizionale", sostituita con quella che allego in allegato.
Ho fatto varie prove, compreso la disistallazione e l'istallazione nuova, ma mi riappare sempre la finestra, che non mi permette di far partire il "debian", montato.
Un grazie a chi mi può aiutare a risolvere questo problema.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230115_102241.png
Screenshot_20230115_102241.png (59.46 KiB) Viewed 3829 times
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Layout Iniziale scomparso

Post by BillG »

You are in the Media menu. To the left of the Add (Aggiundi) button there should be a Menu icon (see my screenshot). Click on this and select the Welcome option from the dropdown list. It should be the first option in the list.
Menu.png
Menu.png (33.56 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
Bill
Boomerang

Post by Boomerang »

Unfortunately it is not possible to activate, again, the left window, where the list of mounted machines appeared, I will try to make other attempts, thanks for your time.
BillG
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

We cannot do it for you - we can only try to tell you how to do it yourself. What part of my fix could you not do?

Do you mean that the screenshot you posted is all you see on the screen, so you cannot see the menu icon I mentioned? If not, try to tell us what you did.
Bill
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Boomerang wrote:it is not possible to activate, again, the left window,
You've slid the pane adjusting bar all the way to the left. When Virtualbox has both the VM list pane on the left and the Settings/Tools pane on the right, hovering the mouse in the middle between the two panes would make the mouse pointer switch to Windows' vertical pane adjust cursor.

Hover the mouse pointer on the left side of the Virtualbox window. The mouse cursor will change to the left-right arrow to adjust the whole Virtualbox window width. Move the mouse over to the right a few pixels and it will change to the vertical pane adjust cursor. Now click and drag right, to the middle of the Virtualbox window. The pane will appear, then you can get to your VM list.
Boomerang

Post by Boomerang »

I followed the given instructions, and was able to see the "disappeared" window.
Thanks for your help.