Sorry but VB 7 is only crap on Win and macOS

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
okiuss
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: OSX,LINUX,WINXXX

Sorry but VB 7 is only crap on Win and macOS

Post by okiuss »

Hi,
i am using VB since V3 and I could always live with some bugs and some "features", which are doing not so well as intended - with some workarounds, everything was working fine.
But with VB7 (7.0.2) this whole thing escalated for me. No working NICs (especially routing between HostOnlyAdapter/Network and bridged or NAT on Win and maOS). Nothing works with Ventura,
Eiterher 6.x or 7.x. I dont understand, why this release was even downloadable for the public - it does NOT work at all. Usually I test many other hypervisors like parallels, VMWare, UT,QEMU aso.
At his moment VB is the worst of all. But at some time ago it was one of the best.

OK
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Sorry but VB 7 is only crap on Win and macOS

Post by scottgus1 »

Any new major version of software will have bugs, and so will 7.0 for a few versions. 7.0 users will be helping find the bugs. Please post a log from a failing VM in the "Discuss 7.0.#" posts in "Using Virtualbox"; match # to the final version number in the version you're having trouble with.

6.1 still seems to be stable.
okiuss wrote:Nothing works with Ventura,
Nothing was supposed to. Ventura is still beta and beta host OS's aren't supported.
okiuss wrote:No working NICs (especially routing between HostOnlyAdapter/Network and bridged or NAT on Win and maOS
Logs needed to help with these, as there are many ways things can go wrong with these. Internal networking was not available in 7.0.0 for Apple hosts but is supposed to be there in 7.0.2. See the changelog.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Re: Sorry but VB 7 is only crap on Win and macOS

Post by fth0 »

FWIW, macOS Ventura was released 2022-10-24 and is newer than VirtualBox 7.0.2. ;)