Disk Usage Analyzer missing Empty Trash option

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
DanV

Disk Usage Analyzer missing Empty Trash option

Post by DanV »

Nice GUI tool (pity the upper tab has no name for it so i am not sure the name above is correct) showing graphically and in the table folder sizes. But when you are in Trash folder there are 2 problems. 1) If you already in trash folder and try to delete the file manually it gets ... into another lower level trash folder! 2) There is no Empty Trash button anywhere at all. So after clicking for half an hour you give up and go to Command Prompt and delete trash from there. Linux users definitely GUI haters, they love their Command Prompt typing, they're having an orgasm from typing. :)
Whiskeyjack
Oracle Corporation

Re: Disk Usage Analyzer missing Empty Trash option

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I really don't get what you point at. One or two screen shots would be helpful.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Screenshots through the forum's Upload Attachment tab aren't possible in the Suggestions forum. And 3rd-party image sites are frowned upon. Moving this to Using Virtualbox so DanV can post a screenshot.
DanV

Post by DanV »

I'd be glad to upload but i could not find this tool. It appeared automatically when i almost reached the limit of available virtual disk space for VBox and offered me to clean the space. It has no name on it. And it has no option to empty trash nearby - these are the only my suggestions to add.

You have another great tool called File Manager. My major suggestion is to make all its options ON first time you use it. Because its initial state is that the text of folders and numbers in it are not human readable and the text is incomprehensible and you hate all what you see until you find that it has Options where all that sh#t immediately changes to normal if you check these 4 radiobuttons ON (make "Numbers Human Readable", "List directories on Top" etc). Unfortunately one more option is still not here and due to that this potentially great tool still sucks: It sorts and displays names alphabetically but puts first Capital letters alphabetically and then lower case letters alphabetically - this is a total absurd. Correct it or add an option please to do not distinguish by size of letters
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

That doesn't sound like any feature of VirtualBox that I know about. So I don't think it mentioned "reaching the limit virtual disk space", in part because that doesn't exist either. Disk space never changes in the guest, so what limit would it be referring to?

Clearly was a warning by the host or guest OS - not VirtualBox - that you are running out of disk space.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

DanV wrote:I'd be glad to upload but i could not find this tool.
With the web browser active: Ctrl-F. Type "Upload Attachment" in the Search box. Click through the matches until you find the Upload Attachment tab.